Buru Energy is an oil and gas producer and explorer with its core area of activity in the Canning Basin in northwest Western Australia. The Company is also actively participating in the energy economy with interests in natural hydrogen, CCS and battery minerals.
Buru Energy was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Perth, with a regional office in Broome.
The Company has a 50% operating interest in the currently producing, Ungani Oilfield and holds interests in an extensive portfolio of petroleum exploration permits covering approximately 5.4 million gross acres (2.6 million net acres) in the Canning Basin. Buru Energy is the largest acreage holder in the Canning Basin and is operator of all of its exploration permits.
Buru Energy is committed to delivering value to its shareholders, the Traditional Owners of the lands on which it operates, the community and the State of Western Australia through responsible, safe, innovative and cost effective exploration, development and production of our assets.
Buru Energy respects the Traditional Owners in the areas in which we operate, their culture, law and leadership. We strive to demonstrate respect for all stakeholders across our business and consider that the way we conduct our business is as important as the goals we achieve
- Underexplored Canning Basin in NW WA
- Permit areas of ~22,000 sq kms (5.4 million acres) gross with 2.6 million net acres after farmout
- Long term secure tenure with no immediate government drilling commitments
- Experienced local operator with strong partners
- Extensive exploration program that will include the drilling of the world class Rafael conventional oil prospect
- Profitable conventional oil production from the Ungani Oilfield
- Major liquids rich tight gas portfolio with conventional potential